The Present Parent: A 4-Week Virtual Mindful Parenting Course
WHEN: February 7th, 2022 to February 28th, 2022; 7:00pm to 8:30pm EST
IDEAL FOR: Parents
This is a 4-week virtual course that will explore how parenting makes fertile soil for mindfulness practice. More than anything, our children want our loving presence. However, as parents, we can feel pulled in many different directions. We may feel as though we fall short when it comes it giving our children the presence and love they need.
Together, we will explore how to:
- Build present moment attention when interacting with our children.
- Remain grounded when we feel activated by our children and learn how to respond instead of reacting.
- Connect with our children and recognize the needs beneath their behavior.
- Uncover false expectations and beliefs contributing to stressful parenting.
- Embrace our flaws as parents and learn to raise ourselves alongside our children.
- Build a container of safety and love for our children to thrive.
This course will include teachings, guided practices, and discussion with real life parenting struggles to explore mindfully.
*This course is appropriate for parents with children of any age; the principles are universal whether dealing with a toddler or teenager.
$175: covers all the expenses of the program and supports others who cannot afford to attend
$125: covers most of the expenses of the program
$75: covers some of the expenses of the program
Befriending Our Whole Self
WHEN: March 7th, 2022 to March 28th, 2022; 7:00pm to 8:30pm EST
IDEAL FOR: All levels including beginners
In this 4-week virtual experience, we will actively cultivate our innate capacities for clarity, curiosity, compassion and courage to work with the inner and outer constraints that shape our lives. It is easy to accept the parts of ourselves that we view as “good.” Some of these parts may include the caretaker, the achiever, the creator. However, it is not as easy to acknowledge and accept parts of ourselves that we do not like, such as the critic, the worrier, the saboteur. By understanding the role of our parts, we can release judgement and move into curiosity, tolerance, and eventually acceptance. Through self-compassion and mindfulness practice, we will build comfort and awareness as we courageously shed light on parts of our inner selves that long for attention, connection, and compassion.
Together we will:
- Revisit the power of your practice in grounding your attention and choosing how to attend to challenging moments.
- Learn about the different parts of yourself.
- Become more aware and responsive to the parts that respond to challenges in habitual and perhaps unskilled ways.
- Access your “Self”; become more familiar with your resources of compassion, equanimity and courage in the face of challenges and open up to the possibility of healing hurt parts of yourself (including working with shame).
This course will include guided self-compassion and mindfulness practices, journaling, movement, and discussion. This course is open to anyone but prior mindfulness and/or self-compassion practice is beneficial.
$165.00: covers all the expenses of the program and supports others who cannot afford to attend
$115.00: covers most of the expenses of the program
$65.00: covers some of the expenses of the program